Friday, September 12, 2008

Back In The Day (Pt. Two)...

...So I came home smelling like marijuana that night. I was grounded. My car was taken away and all that equaled was torture and hell for me. I went nowhere for like two weeks; school and work and home. Nothing more. But once my privledges were finally restored, I went back to the same old bullshit as before. For seven months straight, I lied and continued getting high and kept getting into trouble with my father. I continued driving to New York, even though I was told not to and even made things worse by getting a parking ticket in the middle of Harlem. That set my father over the edge when the mail came and there was an envelope from the New York City Parking Authority...
It wasn't until around then, almost seven months into the relay that I began to realize the signs. And like clockwork, everything fell into place, i mean pieces (haha). The ticket was the first sign and soon after catching that, I had my drivers side window smashed to bits. Yes, in The Bronx. And not too long after my window was destroyed, I got a flat tire on the way home one night. Yes, driving home from The Bronx. But the straw that had broke the camel's back was when I was stupid enough to let someone without a driver's license drive my car. And you can guess that that didn't have a pleasant outcome. Again, in The Bronx - Mark was driving and claimed the brake pedal was going to the floor - Yea, we rear-ended someone coming off of the Whitestone Bridge exit in a faulty attempt to stop my car. The only good thing about that incident was that the person that we hit felt the car had not done as much damage as it seemed and we left the scene after exchanging insurance information. Two weeks later, I ended it with Mark. But I wish I could say that the story ended there...