Wednesday, October 1, 2008

No Patience For Stupidity

I am a secretary at a very busy, multi attorney law firm. There are nine total attorney's and a slew of assistants, associates, bookkeepers and whatnot. Seventy-Five percent of the population here at work is of the Jewish faith. And as most may know, the past two days have been holidays for tthem. I am more than positive that the attorney's who were out previously notified clients about their absence.

With that said, I have had several, not a few, but several calls from clients that are demanding to speak with the attorney's that aren't even here. But that isn't even the worst part. The clients actually have the audacity to complain that their specific attorney is not in and want to know a reason. Let me explain that the place I live and even the surrounding areas have a very large Jewish population. Schools are closed for Jewish holidays, some offices are even closed during those times. If ANY of the clients that had called had children, they would have automatically been aware that it is a holiday. But No.

I explained to one client that the attorney he was looking for was out of the office until Thursday because he was observing the holiday. I directed him to the proper voicemail and he called back five minutes later and asked for that attorney's assistant( who is also Jewish with a VERY Jewish last name).

I tell ya, I have zero patience for stupidity...

No comments: