Friday, October 31, 2008

I'll Admit That I Took My Vision For Granted..

On October 17, 2008 I was in a car accident that pretty much changed my life. Which is also the reason why I haven't been posting. So, I was in a car accident where the airbag deployed right in my face and temporarily took my vision in my left eye. Through two weeks of not being able to see out of one eye and numerous doctor's appointments and SURGERY two days ago - I am so proud to say that my vision is restored. It is still blurry, BUT I am able to see out of both of my eyes.

Before this accident, I hate to admit it, but like alot of other people, I was taking simple daily tasks and skills for granted. You think nothing of it to wake up in the morning and open your eyes and see. When something like what I went thru happens, you really take into perspective ALL of the things that you do on a daily basis that you don't even think twice about. I admit that I was taking my ability to open my eyes and see- for granted.

This experience has taught me to be more humble than I have ever been before and just to thank God everyday for the gifts that he has blessed me with. Not everyone wakes up and can see, not everyone wakes up to hear the sound of their alarm clock, and not everyone wakes up and actually gets out of bed on their own. I have learned more than ever to be greatful for the things I have and for my hearing, my sight and the ability to do things on my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! Sam!!! I didn't even know! First off, lemme start by saying I am so glad your sight was restored and you are able to see out of your left eye again. That must have been such a scary, frightening experience for you!

I must say, it is FORTUNATELY UNFORTUNATE that something drastic needs to happen in our everyday lives to help us wake up and realize how much we take things for granted... I'm dealing with my "demons" everyday, and I use them to make me a better person as well. I am really glad that things worked out for you physically and emotionally and most importantly, just glad you're ok.
:)